At Kellogg Company, safety is a value! In this role you will work collaboratively with employees to create a strong presence of safety to enable the prevention of workplace injuries and illnesses with activities including: implementing occupational safety and health standards; providing meaningful safety and health training that leads to strong knowledge transfer; and working with partners to develop innovative programs to prevent workplace hazards.
With your expertise you will work against workplace health and safety risks and hazards, and work proactively on minimizing and eliminate these risks. You will lead the environment compliance activities and insure our facility is adhering to regulations You can also use your training skills to provide key safety insights and increase knowledge and understanding across the plant. In addition, you can innovate with us as you inform and influence at all levels and functions to ensure that health and safety is a value and continuously improved upon.
We are committed to continue shaping the future of our industry. We look forward to forging new paths and inspire new thinking, because we believe in helping people, striving for a better, brighter future. Your pride in continuous improvement is going to be a key ingredient to your success. It’s all about having an owner’s mindset.
HERE’S A TASTE OF WHAT YOU’LL BE DOING
- Functional Support – Serving as the technical resource for all relevant, plant people safety and environmental compliance areas
- Process Management – Ensuring accurate and timely EHS recordkeeping, document management and effective case management, as well as preparing, maintaining, and submitting records and reports required by the company and/or regulatory agencies
- Leadership – As a member of the leadership team, your commitment to our strong presence of safety through your leadership is key. Leading and working collaboratively the development, review, and revision of safety and environmental training programs. Prioritizing the safety and environment initiative and the major hazards and risks across the site, and ensure actions are taken to mitigate or eliminate risks which includes leading, coordinating, and participating in EHS performance improvement initiatives
- Delivering Success – We believe in the power of our people! Tracking, reporting, and analyzing EHS performance and implementing action and managing site security programs and systems. You are key to our success and will use your creative and strong problem solving to support leadership while still delivering today’s committed results
YOUR RECIPE FOR SUCCESS
- Bachelor’s degree or higher
- Strong experience and knowledge of safety and environment processes and procedures
- Strong leadership, training, problem solving, and decision making skills
- Demonstrated organizational, communication, research and analytical skills
- Experience and/or familiarity with OSHA and EPA regulations
- Experience with Microsoft Office and plant specific software systems
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Chemistry, Environmental or Occupational Health Sciences with experience in the environmental, health, & safety field with a preference in food and beverage
- Experience managing a Process Safety Management Program
- Knowledge of environmental regulations including but not limited to: air, wastewater, storm water, solid and hazardous waste regulations, PSM
- Effectively manage people, programs, projects and consultant
- Experience in a food manufacturing facility
It’s best to apply today, because job postings can be taken down and we wouldn’t want you to miss this opportunity.
This position may require work coverage beyond the normal hours, shift, and on weekends/holidays.
To learn more about what’s next, click on one of the links below:
- New Hire Benefits Guide at http://www.kelloggbenefitsguide.com/
THE FINER PRINT
The ability to work a full shift, come to work on time, work overtime as needed and the ability to work according to the necessary schedule to meet job requirements with or without reasonable accommodation is an essential function of this position.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, ethnicity, disability, religion, national origin, gender, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, sexual orientation, age, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Where required by state law and/or city ordinance; this employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), with information from each new employee’s Form I-9 to confirm work authorization. For additional information, please follow this Link at https://e-verify.uscis.gov/emp/media/resourcesContents/EverifyPosterEnglish.pdf for English or this Link at http://e-verify.uscis.gov/emp/media/resourcesContents/EverifyPosterSpanish.pdf for Spanish.
Title: Environmental Health & Safety Manager
Requisition ID: MAN005694
Job Function: Manufacturing
Job Type: Professional
Closing Date: Mar 17, 2018, 11:59:00 PM
Relocation Assistance: Yes